The power went out at work yesterday around 10 AM. Normally we are busy treating kids but since it's summer break, things are kind of slow. It's a great time to catch up on paperwork, mainly writing reports and entering billing codes, all done online on our lap tops. The power outage left us with little to do except fight for the phones (at least we could catch up on phone calls) while the rest of us twiddled our thumbs in the dark.
At one point I suggested we play a game. Someone of course had to throw out "Truth or Dare," but we decided that we already knew too much about each other and did not need to take it to the next level. Instead we all decided to take turns answering one question "What's the stupidest thing you've ever done for a boy/man?" The question evolved and we started sharing in general about the stupid things we've done in our past. Here are a few (note few) of mine:
1. At 18, drove to northern Arizona to pick up a friend and on the way to back, ended up driving through a blizzard in my little sports car. Hello! I'm from southern Ca, I don't know how to drive in snow! We fish-tailed and 360'd our way down the mountain and somehow survived. It's one of my fondest memories and I can still see my friend sticking half of her body out of the sun roof, trying to pick the ice off the windshield wipers.
2. This one's a bit embarrassing...With the same friend (who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are) stuck cheese puffs up our nose to see who could blow them out the furthest.
3. Sat on plastic bags and slid down a huge church embankment with ice plants. This was again with a friend who ended up breaking her thumb. Looking back up the hill, we could see the damaged ice plants and path we left behind.
4. Junior high church camp at a state park. Four of us got in a mud fight and got so dirty that the forest rangers kicked the entire group out of the park because of the muddy mess we left in the bathrooms.
5. Permed my hair in the 11th grade:
It's hideous. I know. That's why it's on my list.